Friday, May 11, 2012

Caught...

Today we got off to rather a slow start - it was 37 degrees & windy after all.  Even by NY standards that seems bracing.

P1 to P5 - Work started on the dormer that will be over the sun room door.  Even Joe was called into action (he was caught on camera in P1) to help hold the modified porch post braces in place.  He may have thought all he'd do is fly fish but we thought a little stretching would do him good.  Using porch posts as bracing was my brain child but even I had to admit it was fairly time consuming to implement.  They do look great though so the extra work was worth it.

P6 - Pouring a new foundation for the old part of the house.  Please note that I built the form so I'm not completely helpless.

P7 & P8 - Brian, Joe & I went foraging for mushrooms after lunch.  (He who will go unnamed, held down the sofa.)  The first photo are Pheasant's Back and the other is Brian with the first morel he ever found.  He/we were all excited.

P9 - Joe, who took most of the photos today, caught me working at weatherproofing the window opening.  What some folks won't do to get out of having their photo taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment