Monday, March 31, 2014

Counting Cars...

When I was a child I used to sit on the porch with my grandfather whose house was on the main north/south road in Arkansas, playing cards and counting cars. I would count cars from one direction and he would count those from the other. On a good day one of us might get up to 10 or 12. In the photo John and I are sitting on a bench on one side of the Mason town square counting white pickups...
If the street looks really wide, that's because it is. Mason has double lanes in a square around the courthouse which sits just outside the photo to the left. There's also room for diagonal parking in front of the stores and a wide sidewalk. In between counting pickups I did wonder why so much hard surface. Cattle drives? No lawn to water and mow? Less dust? Locals have always wanted to host the Macy's Day parade?
PS - Monday is our day off this year so the new homeowner has an opportunity to work with us on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment