Friday, September 16, 2022

Ladies day…

Breakfast (the only breakfast in town available at 8 - we’ve decided Newfoundlanders don’t eat breakfast out) was at Miffin’s Tea House served by the same waitress who yesterday served Ben Stiller. She said anytime we mention this we should add a sidebar that she didn’t recognize him and only realized she’d served him when she read that night that he was in town. Apparently Ben (I feel I can call him that because I must have sat in his chair) was looking for a site to film a movie next year so perhaps he’ll be back. Anyway this morning’s breakfast was my favorite so far. I had creamy oatmeal on blueberries with ginger-cream around it and a brûlée topping. Yum!

Then it was on to Harbor Grace which was where Amelia Earhart took off for the first solo female pilot flight across the Atlantic. While she flew a twin engine plane it was definitely NOT the one in the photo. Trivia question… What was the name of the plane she flew? (Answer at the end.)

Then it was on to Dildo (a real place). It’s sister city is Hollywood and, to mirror them, huge letters spelling Dildo can be seen high up the hill overlooking the village and harbor. Do I dare say Judy & I are smiling because we’re staying at the Little Dibble Inn?

Two words for today…. kinkhorn = windpipe or Adam’s apple; wizen = chest.  “I have a pain in my kinkhorn and it has gone to my wizen.” You’ll be happy to know, as are we, that our kinkhorns and wizens are fine.

Answer to trivia question… Little Red Bus (weird but that’s what the sign said)

1 comment:

  1. How could you not have taken a picture of the town name???

    ReplyDelete