Saturday, February 25, 2012

Of quilts and pins...

As promised yesterday, the picture on your left is of my sister, Becky, in her quilt room. She's standing next to the "implement of torture" (known in some circles as a quilt frame) John put together for her last year. She started by embroidering "a lot" of blocks and stitching them together. Then she managed to figure out how to get it stretched onto the frame along with some backing and some batting without going batty. And now she's spending hours or is that months? or is that years? hand quilting what will end up to be a beautiful quilt.

I, on the other hand, am not a quilter so turn my efforts to laundry. That's it hanging on my mother's line in the windy Texas sun. Notice those beautiful clothespins? They were a gift to my mother and were hand painted by Susan and myself. I'm happy to report, Susan, that they look just as cheerful here as they do in NY (and none of the paint came off - whew!).

No comments:

Post a Comment