Sunday, March 4, 2012

1 Tall Texan & 4 Short Women

Left to right, that's me, my mother, Jessica (my nephew's wife), and Becky (my sister who got another year older today). None of us were born in Texas. The only true Texan in the bunch is the tall one in the middle, Scott. In case you hadn't figured it out, he's the tall one in the middle. Somehow he also managed to pose perfectly in front of the wind mill in Becky's yard giving him an added Native American flair. Scott is my nephew, my mother's grandson, husband to Jessica, & son to Becky. (He has to be tall to put up with all that.)

Other than celebrating Becky's birthday, John & I spent most of the morning dealing with entropy. Do you know what that word means? We didn't but I suspect Auntie Kathleen, who really should go on Jeopardy, knows. The photo below is a visual representation of entropy.

If you'd like that in words, Merriam-Webster defines it as a trend toward disorder. In a small space, such as our van, "trend" may be a bit too conservative a time estimate. It only took us 5 days to create the havoc pictured. However, after some concerted effort we are once again organized with everything in its place. By next Friday we'll probably once again be approaching that "ultimate state of inert uniformity".

No comments:

Post a Comment