Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Flat out...

Terry, if you thought driving to Florida was mind numbing, you should try driving across flat Illinois & Indiana before those corn fields have been planted. That interminable book on Mark Twain begins to sound interesting.

Since we passed through Indiana you may be thinking the guy in the photo is Indiana Jones but that's actually my brother Jimmy, known to most folks as Jim. Although it's been a while since I've seen him, I still seem to be shorter than he is and I still seem to be his oldest older sister. And thank heavens he still has the patience of Job. I called him this morning to give him a couple of hours notice about what time to meet us at the restaurant. The GPS was right on target and we were even there a few minutes before we said we'd be there. It was only after we were on the road again and I was checking to see where we changed time zones that I realized we were already in the eastern zone and, in fact, had been an hour late meeting Jimmy. Now I've confessed all. And Jimmy's so nice he didn't mention it the whole time we were with him. I doubt (alright, I know) I could not have shown the same restraint!

Since today is the first day of spring it not only brings bunches of early flowers but also another birthday for Sarah. Happy birthday Sarah!!! Greetings from Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment